Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

A New love (and appreciation) for Placemats

I saw this idea on another blog, and if I was a good blogger I could provide you a link to it. But no such luck. This pillow was a placemat. (My computer thinks place mat is 2 words...is it really?) I could have just unstitched one end and filled it with fluff, but I decided to add this fun graphic. Do you shop Duluth Trading? I love it! And when your shopping comes, it's in this cool fabric bag. I had the bag stuffed and pretended like it was a pillow before I made this one. Since I don't play well with sewing machines, I used fabric glue to attach it. Then stuffed the placemat with fluff and hand stitched up the end.

4 comments:

  1. I've not tried making a pillow from placemats yet, but you've just given me a reason to give it a try. Love how yours turned out.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. Some pillows look like they were made from placemats but yours look fabulous - like it was meant to be! Really great project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny with words and good with placements. Smart Lady!!

    ReplyDelete